Karmatube is my favorite inspirational video website (on an unrelated note, I help run it lol). It started as a wish to create a repository for inspirational video on the web, along with providing actions that a person could do right now if they were motivated by what they saw.
Over the course of the last couple years, the video list has ballooned to well over 300, and I thought I'd share my top 10 all-time favorites:
10) The one that started the website: The Free Hugs of Juan Mann. A guy starts hugging people in a town and makes the world smile.
9) Ever eaten at a restaurant with no bill? Seva Cafe does just that, with the twist being that your meal was paid for by someone before you, and you can pay this act of kindness forward however you wish.
8) What about me? This monk makes a compelling statement about a shift in internal perspective being a major cause of happiness - 'when you're happy, i'm happy'
7) How can investing in the monetarily poor be a better way to reduce poverty than donating? Watch Jacqueline Novogratz explain
6) The True Devotee is a favorite song of Gandhi and describes an example of a selfless individual (click link to view video)
5) I'm a total sap for heart-warming videos, and this one definitely qualifies. A young girl starts singing the national anthem... then freezes. Watch her experience what a 20,000 person safety net feels like
4) You've seen Jacqueline Novogratz change poverty through capitalism, now watch how Carrotmob uses similar principles to make it rain
3) One of the classics - Story of Stuff is a visual masterpiece taking the audience through the life cycle of consumables
2) Its all in your mind, watch the inside and watch the outside
And finally, my all-time favorite Karmatube video
1) Team Hoyt is quite possibly the biggest reminder of caring for your family that I've ever seen
So while that's it for now, here's hoping there's many more years of wonderful videos to add to the repository. On that note, how's about one for the road? ;)
in the ocean of the internet, this post is like a real pearl :)
Post a Comment